St. Joseph's Behavioral Health Center has psychotherapists who have been certified through Dr. Marsha Linehan's Behavioral Technology Transfer Group. Borderline Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) is an open-ended group which meets once weekly for two hours and the average length of treatment is 26 to 52 weeks depending upon progress of the patient. In addition to weekly group, the patient must be in weekly, individual psychotherapy.
The goals of DBT are to:
- Decrease parasuicidal behaviors including self-multilation, overuse of medication, and other addictions.
- Improve self-esteem.
- Decrease feelings of abandonment.
- Increase feelings of joy.
- Repair damaged relationships.
- Build a life worth living.
- Decrease frequent hospitalizations.
For more information, please call (209) 938-0831.