Please leave valuables such as wallet, purse, or jewelry at home. Bring in your driver's license/photo ID and all insurance cards. Please bring a current copy of your Advance Directive if you have one.
We ask that one family member be designated as the spokesperson to communicate with, and update, the rest of your family and friends. The staff will keep this spokesperson informed of your condition. The patient has a right to refuse consent for release of information, visitors, and phone calls. In the event that any individual is not listed on the consent form, we will be unable to acknowledge the patient's presence in our hospital. Please work with our staff at the time of admission to have the appropriate parties named on the consent forms.
For your comfort, you may wish to bring:
- a robe and slippers.
- three changes of comfortable clothes, underwear, and socks.
- comfortable shoes without shoe laces (no high heels).
- toiletries are available from the nursing staff if needed. Personal toiletry items may be secured. Plastic containers only, and no bar soap, please.
- list of current medical and psychiatric medications, if possible.
Due to the nature of our services, we do not allow patients to be in possession of any of the following items:
- glass (including mirrors).
- any items including cosmetics which may contain alcohol.
- hair picks, curling irons, long straps, belts or ties, lighters, matches, glue, sewing or knitting supplies, pocket knives or other sharp objects, or handguns.
- a washer/dryer is available for patient use.
- disposable razors, hair dryers and curling irons are available upon request.
- dressy attire, suggestive/revealing clothing and articles requiring dry cleaning are inappropriate.
- to ensure your safety, please do not bring any electrical appliances from home.
- please do not bring pagers, cellular phones, radios, televisions, recorders, palm pilots, computers or other electronic equipment.